Social Media Marketing is “Trending”
In 2015, Deloitte UK published the results of a survey they conducted pointing out that the average British is registered in 1.9 social media (SM) platforms. This statement automatically promotes SM as the top marketing spaces to expose your brand. Being able to address to over 1.5 bn people around the world only on Facebook by just adding their names on the segmentation window makes the medium relatively cheap to advertise and absolutely best choice for fragmented targeting (even though this process may become time consuming).
In 2004 when Myspace and Friendster were at the time the most visited websites of the kind, an opportunity emerged for marketers to expose their products and services as these channels were used for free which does not apply holistically in today’s reality. Now, even small businesses can create buzz through SM if they launch genuinely good products and followers feel the need to converse about them.
Companies address several stakeholders through SM marketing including (potential) customers, employees, journalists, bloggers and the general public. On a strategic level, SM marketing includes the management of the implementation, governance, scope (e.g. more active or passive use) and the establishment of a firm’s desired SM culture. This requires marketers to incorporate user-generated content “earned media” rather than “paid media” into their strategic approach. High engagement (a divine metric that represents the degree of interaction in positive or negative terms) rates are capable of transcending marketing endeavours into a whole new level as customers convert to advocates and generally market your business by exploiting the concept (the most powerful one from ancient times to forever) of word of mouth communication or in the digital form e-WoM.
Engagement in SM for the purpose of your SM strategy is divided into two parts.
- Proactive posting of new content and conversations, as well as sharing of content information from others
- Reactive conversations with social media users responding to those who reach out to your social media profiles through commenting or messaging
Especially the second part has implications over businesses intelligence gathering as SM provide companies with minimum costs for researching considering that the marketing teams can easily post MCQs but also pick comments of qualitative significance. Finally, this review can ensure doubtful readers that SM marketing has become an integral part of SMEs and startups (that actually rely solely in SM marketing) and the demand for its practice is rising day by day.
Social Hackers specialty as our brand name indicates is… quess!!! Social media marketing indeed. The approaches we follow on each customer are completely customized as different businesses have different needs on their SMM mix. For example governmental organizations like commercial chambers and ministries get to rely more on Twitter and Facebook than Youtube. A fashion designer and Instagram (and Facebook) go hand in hand. As marketing company we encourage businesses to rely on SM that can assist you efficiently instead of signing up to the major ones. According to your business’ activity and focus there is certainly a set of SM that can get much more effective than others.
The standard operating process we follow to build SM campaigns is quite a diligent one.
- Situation analysis: The first point of touch requires analyzing demand, intermediaries, strengths and weaknesses, competitive environment, website, PEST factors, your unique resources and some targeting variables.
- Objectives setting: A quite self-explanatory stage that takes into account few performance aspects which clarify the level where your business intends to be.
- Strategy setting: This step requires lots of work summarizes how we are going to reach the objectives.
- Tactics: Is the definition of how the strategy will be achieved. Use of SM mix, contact and content plan
- Action: Putting theory into practice. At this point we look at external and internal resources, budgeting limitations, responsibilities of the Marketing team
- Control: The last point of the procedure involves monitoring of whether objectives have been met and the modification of certain elements in the tactics and actions parts.
To conclude, by leveraging the power of SM can definitely elevate your audience and customer base. But getting started without any previous experience or insight can be challenging. A good starting point is to first watch and listen what your customers and targeted groups are all about and then create content that will be of value to them. We should bare in mind that SM success doesn’t come overnight and we’ll do, provided that we ring the right bellrings. Utilising some other marketing tricks to complement our attempts will certainly result to a great digital presence where people and search engines are going to ask more from you!